Thank you for your interest in Theory, Research, and Action in Urban Education.
For examples of pieces that we have published, please visit our website. Direct questions about submission and submissions to urbanedTRAUE@gmail.com. To view past issues of TRAUE, click here.
General Submission Guidelines
- Your name or affiliation should not appear anywhere in the submission, including in the header or footer, title page, or references. Remove any other identifying information within the text.
- Please do not submit pieces that have been published or are currently under review elsewhere.
- Graduate students are encouraged to submit works-in-progress. Please be sure that such submissions contribute new ideas or information to the field. Additionally, they should be revised to follow submission guidelines.
Use the following checklist to format your submission. Please note that although we require APA formatting for citations, other formatting guidelines depart from APA style.
All submissions should be typed in 12-point font and double-spaced, with 1 inch (default) margin settings. Written pieces should be sent as Microsoft Word documents.
Section headings should all be formatted as follows:
– Largest level headings are in bold, left justified, Title Case, 14pt font.
– Middle level headings are in bold, left justified, Title Case, 12 pt font.
– Smallest level sub-headings are bold, left justified, Sentence case, 12 pt font.
Place only one space after punctuation.
Indentation and Paragraph Spacing
The article text should be double-spaced and the first line of each paragraph indented ½”.
Citations must follow APA guidelines. Refer to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th Edition (2009) or http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/.
Quotations that are 39 words or less should appear in the text of the paragraph. Quotations that are 40 words or more should appear as block quotes, double-spaced and indented ½” on the left side only.
Use endnotes, not footnotes.
Note: All word counts include abstracts and references.
Articles should be between 5,000 and 7,000 words.
Notes from the Field should be between 3,000 and 4,000 words.
Reviews should be between 1,000 and 2,000 words.
This should be the last section of the article and be titled References. All references should conform to current APA guidelines.
For examples of pieces that we have published, please visit our website. Direct questions about submission to urbanedTRAUE@gmail.com. To submit, click here. To view past issues of TRAUE, click here.